Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Confession

You see, there’s a general theme that’s going throughout our house. It’s not something positive. It’s not something I’m proud of. It’s something that I have been working on changing. And I have actually been doing a good job at fixing.  Have I piqued your interest? Well…

We have naked walls. Our house is naked. For the most part. Sure, we have a couple things here and there, but not nearly enough. And I’m the problem. I just can’t seem to bring myself to commit to anything. The things I like are far too expensive. And every time I look at a magazine or read a blog I think, “I should do that!” Which means I’m changing my mind 5 or 6 times a day. How am I supposed to commit to something when there’s so many options?! So, there’s my confession. My house is naked.

Like I’ve said, there’s been some progress. For example, the hallway picture frames.

053

Which actually have been filled! So get excited for that.

And now I have made progress in our bathroom. Remember, I’m avoiding cutting the fabric for curtains. Yup, still haven’t started. Yup, I’ve had the fabric about a week. I WILL have the curtains done by Friday. I will. I’m hoping if I write it here, I will feel pressure to do it?

Anyways, here’s a picture of the bathroom in all its naked glory:

003

Naked.

I saw on etsy a cute sign that said, “good morning sunshine” and I thought that would be cute in the bathroom by the sinks. A nice little sign to pick me up in the morning because I am so not a morning person. I used a black frame we had lying around, and a 29 cent shimmer piece of paper from Hobby Lobby, and Photoshop.

009

005

Cute, right? Nothing fancy. I hope the cheery yellow helps me be more.. well, cheery in the morning. I’m sure J would be appreciative of that.

There were two other black picture frames sitting in the closet from some abandoned project that I knew I could use above the toilet. Is there a better word for toilet? Hmm..

001

I printed out this quatrefoil stencil. I made the stencil the full sheet of paper. I was going to just print it out the yellow color but of course I ran out ink.

006 

So I actually just used yellow paint and painted right on the paper. And I’m glad that I did. It makes it look more like art and not just printed on computer paper.

012

011

Ah, nice, sunny yellow. Anyone else create some cheap art recently? Or have a naked house?

Speaking of sunny, we just got our plane tickets for our July wedding in the Bahamas! Can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment