So fast forward again approximately 3 weeks and our little seedies are taking off! Our bushes on the other hand, FAIL! All but 1 and a half died. One that we didn't move and the other was only half alive. The bushes we moved to the back are thriving though! I think it's because they are supposed to be in partial shade.
Look at those green shoots! We for sure thought the little guy wasn't going to make it. And here's a close up of the flowers:
Ok, but back to the front failure. Our neighbors told us about a local nursery so we decided to hit that up. We were looking for these big flowering bushes that I've been seeing everywhere and found out they are azaleas. They happened to be having a sale on azaleas 3 for $30. Perfeccct! We both agreed that the white would look good with the green siding we have. And the flowers would give it the punch of color and be the stars.
Here's to hoping we don't kill these bushes!