Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Brass is Ugly

Clear back in July my mom found a telescoping floor lamp for $35 marked down from $199. Totally awesome, right? One major flaw though. It was brass. I think everyone can agree that brass is ugly.

001

But for that price I was willing to look past the initial ugliness. The solution for it? Spray paint (Valspar Metallic Silver).

002

It ended up being a nice, inexpensive floor lamp.

010

012

005

I’ve been moving it around the house trying to find the perfect spot, but that’s its temporary resting place.

Has anyone else painted anything brass? Or gotten any sweet deals on lamps?

2 comments:

  1. it looks great where you've got it, between those arty pieces. great job looking past the brass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just discovered spray paint too! We just used Krylon Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint on our faucet and door knobs when we remodeled my daughter's bathroom =)

    ReplyDelete